Sunday, January 23, 2011

Yucky!

I am just finding a few spare minutes to update you on the last week's activities. I've missed 4 straight days of work due to my stomach virus and now Maddux is in the middle of the flu. It has been a rough week around the Molloy house. I'm exhausted and still not feeling 100%. I am wondering if I probably had the flu myself all along and just didn't realize it. It looks like I will be home again tomorrow. Pray the fever stays away and Maddux continues to get better so our life can get back to "normal."

Julie's surgery went well and she is recovering at OU Medical Center. We don't know anything from the path report or anything yet. Please continue to pray for her and the family. There is a possibility she will be released from the hospital today or tomorrow.

Tomorrow's the big day! Dad begins chemo and radiation. He had to go in this last Friday for more x-rays before he started. Please be praying for his health, how his body handles this, etc. I will attempt to keep you all updated.

On another note, Maddux decided to use the big boy potty at our house on a more regular basis. He would go all the time at Mrs. Cathy's, but to no avail at home. He wore big boy undies all morning. He did finally have an "accident" but it was his lime green poopy from all the purple meds and pedialyte. :) NO pee-pee. At least we are starting on the track to no more diapers.

Hunter played basketball again yesterday which I had to miss due to Maddux still being contagious. (They won both games and are still on their undefeated streak.) Aaron then came home and stayed with Maddux so that Hunter and I could go watch the high school teams at the county tournament. It was good to get out of the house for a bit, but I was worn smooth out by the time we got home. I am just still not feeling myself.

I am reminded on a daily basis that I'm not alone. I'm loved more than I could ever imagine or fathom. God is so good.